Students at Atkins Elementary will be learning about The 7 Habits of Happy Kids from January to the end of the school year. The 7 Habits of Happy Kids is a book written by Sean Covey that uses illustrated stories to help students take charge of their lives and discover why balance is so important in every aspect of their life.
The 7 Habits of Happy Kids include:
- Be proactive; you are in charge of you.
- Begin with the end in mind; know what you want before you do it.
- Put first things first; do the important things first.
- Think win-win; find ways where everyone can win.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood; listen first then talk.
- Synergize; work together to do better.
- Sharpen the saw; take care of yourself.
Students will participate in activities that tie into each habit along with hearing language from all teachers that support each habit. Listen for students from Atkins Elementary to use the language at school and home; you will be amazed what young students take and apply from the 7 Habits!